Объявление

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My essay, проверьте, покритикуйте! Спасибо!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Время
  • Show
Clear All

• Сообщение от SunRise
    Dear Madam or Sir
    I am writing to complain about quality of mobile devices I ordered and bought in your internet-shop. - separate paragraph to express the reason for writing.

At the beginning of June 2013 I saw advertisement of newest Nokia's devices and then google shown than these products are available in your online shop. So I ordered Nokia Lumia 720 in yellow case and Nokia Lumia 620 in pink case (order number 1234566789 from 5 June 2013). Yesterday, 12 June, devices were delivered to my office. I was very happy until opened the package. - I would skip/shorten the internet bit and concentrate on what they ask you to write about - the details of order.

You are about to skip " At the beginning of June 2013 I saw advertisement of newest Nokia's devices and then google shown than these products are available in your online shop."? Absolutely agree! That sentence is only for additional word's number.
    First of all, both phones was of awful black colour – I and my wife hate this colour. The second, when I turned on Lumia 720, I saw that all interface was in Chinese language. As far as I know only English I had to turn off that. The second phone – Lumia 620 – did not work at all. As result I have got headache for my own money. - try to keep neutral tone and concentrate on things they can fix. Avoid being emotional.
    You are right again. No emotion, only facts.
    To solve this unkind situation I going to make some action. First of all, I get back these devices and your internet-shop will pay for that. Then that there are options: either your shop send me phones I exact ordered or you pay back my money. I would be want to see your view how to resolve this problem as fast as possible. - your tone is totally inappropriate. You sound like you are threatening them. There are two types of complaints - mild and strong. This one is a mild one because it happened for the first time. Try to be more polite.
    I didn't have idea to threat them. But if you saw threatening here, than it presents and I should be more polite.
    Sincerely yours,
    Alex - are you their friend?
    I've just forget to sign the letter and did it at the last moment.

Anyway, Goran, thanks for your detail parsing of my opuses!
    Last edited by SunRise; 14.06.2013, 21:17.
    Дорога в тысячу ри начинается с первого шага

Comment

• Сообщение от SunRise Посмотреть сообщение
      I didn't have idea to threat them. But if you saw threatening here, than it presents and I should be more polite.
      Probably it wasn't threatening. It just was rude. Instead of asking them to do something, you told them. You should've use smth like I suggest that we resolve this issue by, I suppose we/you can or whatever phrases they teach you to use in IELTS-preparation books.

Comment

• Сообщение от Goran Dražić Посмотреть сообщение
        Probably it wasn't threatening. It just was rude. Instead of asking them to do something, you told them. You should've use smth like I suggest that we resolve this issue by, I suppose we/you can or whatever phrases they teach you to use in IELTS-preparation books.
        I like this phrase, moreover, my teacher offered me similar or the same. But I've forgot any recommendations and wrote as I visited no courses.

Comment

• Сообщение от Vyacheslav16 Посмотреть сообщение
          Вроде ABBYY респектабельная компания, не?
          Из всех русско-английских и англо-русских словарей Lingvo, веротяно, один из лучших. Но нельзя забывать, что его составляли русские. И в ситуации с 'conclusion' разультат нилицо.
          Пользоваться исключительно толковыми английскими словарями людям с не очень глубоким знанием английского нелегко, конечно. Но это то, к чему нужно стремиться.

Я лично пользуюсь русским словарем Lingvo когда я совсем не знаю, как то или иное слово перевести на английский, но потом все равно проверяю значение и употребление слова в надежных словарях (мои любимые - Longman и Macmillian, у них примеров употребления побольше, чем у других).

К слову, в Lingvo помимо их словрей есть и толковые словари Collins и Oxford (BrE и AmE) с примерами и акцентами на употреблении слов (предлоги, форма слова и т.д.). Я чаще всего пользуюсь словарем на телефоне, поэтому процесс перевода происходит естественным путем: посмотрел перевод на русский, пролистнул ниже и посмотрел значение по Collins, пролистнул еще ниже и посмотрел Oxford. Эта проктика, кстати, показала, что весьма часто русский перевод не отражает смысла английского слова, так как в английском языке оно либо имеет другой оттенок, либо используется в необычном для русского языка контексте и т.д.

Comment

I like this phrase, moreover, my teacher offered me similar or the same. But I've forgot any recommendations and wrote as I visited no courses.
            Простите, что вмешиваюсь. Вы писали, что стремитесь к 7, но на текущий момент из ваших сообщений видно, что у вас явные проблемы с грамматикой и они не occasional. При таком раскладе, какая речь может быть о 7? Я б на вашем месте перед тем, как писать, уделил бы время устранению пробелов в грамметике (и между тем чтением чужих эссе и писем). На мой взгляд, это будет куда продуктивнее.
            Но вы уж поступайте, как знаете.

Comment

• Anton PL,
              Attached Files

Comment

• Сообщение от [rcf] Посмотреть сообщение
                Anton PL,
                Thanks a lot!

"Наши цели ясны, задачи определены." Буду работать в заданном направлении.

Comment

• Сообщение от yamov Посмотреть сообщение
                  Из всех русско-английских и англо-русских словарей Lingvo, веротяно, один из лучших. Но нельзя забывать, что его составляли русские.
                  Программный продукт Lingvo - это не словарь, а оболочка для словарей. Один из этих словарей их собственный, Lingvo Universal. А остальные - подключаемые тематические словари. Многие из которых "англо-английские". Включая Оксфордские, Кембриджские, Лонгман, Уэбстер.

При переводах текстов скорость выполнения перевода возрастает в разы, потому что не нужно листать бумажный словарь. Достаточно выделить слово или фразу и нажать комбинацию клавиш Ctrl+C+C. "Выскакивают" статьи из всех установленных пользователем словарей. С примерами употребления и т.д. Есть даже словарь американского сленга, есть словарь Ожегова, Ильфа и Петрова, есть Большая Советская Энциклопедия, т.е. только русские словари. Подключать можно множество словарей, по желанию.

Попадаются и ляпы, но это исправляется, продукт совершенствуется. Главное, что Лингво избавил переводчика от рутины по листанию книжных версий, что отнимает массу времени. Гораздо быстрее работать с электронными версиями словарей. Конечно, в трудных случаях можно забираться и в многотомные фолианты, но, как правило, повседневные переводы таковыми случаями не изобилуют.
                  The photographer can shoot

Comment

• Re

Я считаю, что лучший вариант - использование Google Translate + QTranslate. Плюсы в том, что не нужно устанавливать никаких тяжеловесных программ, постоянно обновлять и т.д., а поставить легковесную утилитку и получать актуальный перевод буквально "на лету". На мой взгляд, удобно.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please, give some advice about the essay! Thanks!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Today pupils in many schools study great variety of subjects. To be specific, in my country children learn the basics of history and literature along with mathematics and biology. However, there have always been disputes about whether humanitarian knowledge is more valuable and therefore requires more attention than knowledge of the exact sciences such as math or biology. In my opinion, any subject has its advantages and worth studying.

Take for instance literature. In fact, people become more educated when they read books. To them it gives knowledge not only about their culture but also about some specific life experience of other people.

Another important humanitarian subject is history. I believe knowledge of history is important for everyone since we need to know about our ancestors in order not to repeat their mistakes and use their best practices.

As for the exact sciences, I am deeply convinced that these sciences develop our thinking, help us to think logically and make right decisions in life. They also provide us with skills like calculation and measuring which we often use in life. Moreover, knowledge of the basics of sciences like chemistry or biology might safe someone's life one day.

In general, I want to say that to pupils it is important to give not only knowledge but also opportunity to learn about different options available for high and higher education. In order to accomplish this I believe there is no other way exists than providing the basics of all major subjects. From my experience I consider this to be the most appropriate way to get children interested in something they have never encountered before.
                    Last edited by Zelzer; 19.06.2013, 00:36.

Comment

• Сообщение от Zelzer Посмотреть сообщение
                      Я считаю, что лучший вариант - использование Google Translate + QTranslate. Плюсы в том, что не нужно устанавливать никаких тяжеловесных программ, постоянно обновлять и т.д., а поставить легковесную утилитку и получать актуальный перевод буквально "на лету". На мой взгляд, удобно.
                      see the comment below.

Please, give some advice about the essay! Thanks!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Today pupils in many schools study great variety of subjects. To be specific, in my country children learn the basics of history and literature along with mathematics and biology. However, there have always been disputes about whether humanitarian knowledge is more valuable and therefore requires more attention than knowledge of the exact sciences such as math or biology. In my opinion, any subject has its advantages and worth studying.

If a vegetarian eats vegetables,
                      what does a humanitarian eat?

humanitarian adjectivenoun - definition in British English Dictionary & Thesaurus - Cambridge Dictionary Online
                      HUMANITIES!!!!!
                      Last edited by Maimiti_Isabella; 19.06.2013, 08:17.

Comment

• Сообщение от Maimiti_Isabella Посмотреть сообщение
                        see the comment below.

If a vegetarian eats vegetables,
                        what does a humanitarian eat?

HUMANITIES!!!!!
                        Ок, спасибо. Теперь буду знать

Comment

• Сообщение от yamov Посмотреть сообщение
                          Простите, что вмешиваюсь. Вы писали, что стремитесь к 7, но на текущий момент из ваших сообщений видно, что у вас явные проблемы с грамматикой и они не occasional. При таком раскладе, какая речь может быть о 7? Я б на вашем месте перед тем, как писать, уделил бы время устранению пробелов в грамметике (и между тем чтением чужих эссе и писем). На мой взгляд, это будет куда продуктивнее.
                          Но вы уж поступайте, как знаете.
                          Извиняюсь, что отвечаю с опозданием - почему-то случайно отписался от этой темы.
                          Соглашусь, что в текущем виде мне до 7-ки далеко. Надо учиться, причем изрядно. Тут и грамматика, и чтение чужих эссе, и все остальное, что требуется. Чем я сейчас и занимаюсь.

Comment

Чем я сейчас и занимаюсь.
                            You're on the right track then. Best of luck

Comment

• Сообщение от Zelzer Посмотреть сообщение
                              Ок, спасибо. Теперь буду знать
                              Теперь пойдем дальше. Из какой книги по подготовке к IELTS (или из какого учебника) взята данная тема?

Comment

• Barron's how to Prepare for the TOEFL Essay 2nd Edition p.67

Comment

Working...
                                X